MiNK's Novel FAP-CAR-iNKT Presented at ASGCT
- FAP-CAR-IL-15 iNKT cell therapy (MiNK-215) promotes curative responses driving tumor elimination and immune infiltration in NSCLC models
- IND enabling studies underway; IND filing on track for 2024
"MiNK-215 is a powerful and innovative cell therapy that addresses resistance in solid tumor cancers," stated Dr.
MiNK-215, an allogeneic FAP-CAR-IL-15 iNKT cell product, is designed to target fibroblast activation protein (FAP) expressing cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAFs) and/or tumor cells. Preclinical findings revealed potent anti-tumor activity, including:
- Robust efficacy in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) models, resulting in substantial tumor elimination in the lungs and improved survival compared to T cells alone.
- Increased killing capacity of partially exhausted T cells, consistent with native iNKT cells' mechanisms (SITC2022).
- Targeting and elimination of FAP-expressing CAFs, disrupting the tumor-promoting stromal network and reducing immunosuppression in the tumor microenvironment.
- Enhanced immune cell infiltration and T cell activation, promoting a potent anti-tumor immune response.
- Augmented persistence and transactivation of effector immune cells through IL-15 secretion.
The poster presentation is on the MiNK website at https://minktherapeutics.com/publications/.
Title: Development of an Allogeneic FAP-CAR iNKT
Presenting Author: Dr.
Abstract number: 1488
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the federal securities laws, including statements regarding the therapeutic and curative potential of MiNK-215 and iNKT cells the mechanism of action, potency and safety, interim or top-line data, including statements regarding preclinical data of MiNK-215, the anticipated benefits of MiNK-215 and clinical development plans and timelines. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the factors described under the Risk Factors section of the most recent Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and the S-1 Registration Statement filed with the
Source: MiNK Therapeutics