MiNK Therapeutics Provides Corporate Update and Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Financial Results
- AgenT-797 (Allo-iNKTs) +/- anti-PD-1 clinical trial underway in solid tumor cancers
- Benefit in severe COVID-19 ARDS shows 75% survival rate in patients treated with Allo-iNKTs
- AgenT-797 treatment with no lymphodepletion shows no cytokine release syndrome or neurotoxicity
- 2021 annualized cash burn is ~
“We have advanced our allo-iNKT program with multiple clinical programs in solid tumor cancers, multiple myeloma, and a variant agnostic therapy in severe respiratory distress from COVID-19,” said
Launched Allo-iNKTs (AgenT-797) +/- anti-PD-1 in solid tumor cancers
- Advanced early doses with no lymphodepletion required. Treatment has shown no evidence of cytokine release syndrome or neurotoxicity.
- Advancing the highest dose cohort (billion cells/dose) and combinations with KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) or OPDIVO® (nivolumab).
- Data supported by preclinical evidence reported at SITC 2021 showed iNKTs persist (beyond 35 days), traffic to liver, lungs, spleen, and bone marrow, and show anti-cancer activity in solid and liquid cancers.
AgenT-797 in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma without the need for lymphodepletion shows early signals of clinical activity
- AgenT-797 shows biomarker suppression and disease stabilization beyond 10 months in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma with no lymphodepletion.
- Engineered BCMA-CAR-iNKT and stromal-CAR-iNKT (undisclosed target) have demonstrated potent anti-tumor activity; IND enabling underway with target IND in 2022.
Variant-agnostic nature of AgenT-797 continues to show encouraging survival of >75% in ventilated patients with viral ARDS (COVID-19)
- Data continue to show substantial improvement over typical survival rates of ~30% in patients with comparable disease. Updated data to be presented in 2H 2022.
- AgenT-797 has been administered in up to 1 billion cells per dose tolerably, with no lymphodepletion required and with no evidence of cytokine release syndrome or neurotoxicity.
- MiNK designed an automated, in-house, closed system manufacturing process to support ~10,000 doses of allo-iNKT/year; will supply clinical programs in 2022.
- MiNK’s proprietary process enables high yield iNKT production with >99% purity.
- Cells can be cryopreserved for off-the-shelf use.
Completed IPO with
Expanded leadership team with appointments to the
Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Financial Results
Our cash balance at
Reported net loss for the year is
|Summary Consolidated Financial Information|
|Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheet Data|
|Total stockholders' equity (deficit)||23,776||(53,874||)|
|Other Financial Information|
|Three months ended
|Cash used in operations||$||3,725||$||12,827|
|Condensed Consolidated Statements of Operations Data|
|(in thousands, except per share data)|
|Three months ended
|Research and development||3,951||13,967|
|General and administrative||2,362||4,640|
|Change in fair value of convertible affiliated note (non-cash)||49||9,752|
|Other expense (income), net||(597||)||1,854|
|Per common share data, basic and diluted:|
|Weighted average number of common shares outstanding, basic and diluted||31,482||26,025|
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements concerning the therapeutic and curative potential of AGENT-797 and iNKT cells, the mechanism of action, potency and safety of AGENT-797 and iNKT cells, in all instances including combination therapies with AGENT-797 and/or iNKT cells, for instance, combination therapies including anti-PD-1 checkpoint inhibitors and/or other therapeutics; statements based on pre-clinical data, interim clinical trial data, or top-line clinical trial data; statements relating to pre-clinical, clinical, regulatory, and commercialization plans, including target dates and goals; financial plans; manufacturing capabilities and plans; and any other statements containing the words "may," "believes," "expects," "anticipates," "potential," "encouraging," "will" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. These risks and uncertainties include, among others, the factors described under the Risk Factors section of our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and a recent S-1 Registration Statement filed with the
Source: MiNK Therapeutics